Tuesday 25 November 2008

Tuesday 25th November 2008


Surf Scoter and Football




I had to pick up my wife from her dancing at the Pavilion on the seafront in Exmouth at lunchtime. I had time for a quick scan over the sea for 10 minutes or so. The cold north-easterly was not noticeable stood behind a seafront shelter, and the sun even warmed things up a tad! I soon obtained distant views of the female Surf Scoter again off Dawlish Warren. I also found a flock of 10 Common Scoter a lot nearer to Exmouth, but very close in to the Warren beach.
This evening it was off to my other great love (after my family and birding!) - Exeter City FC. We only managed a draw but deserved all 3 points against Rotherham, whose goalie pulled off a string of superb saves to deny us a win. It was a cold night, but I was well wrapped up and to be honest I have felt a lot colder sat in the Old Grandstand than what I was tonight! Still 7th position after getting promoted (at Wembley!) last season is not to be sneezed at!

No comments: