Wednesday 22 January 2014

Darts Farm

Off out at lunchtime again today to Darts Farm at Topsham. A Brambling had been seen and photographed (nice one Dave!) yesterday and as they are very thin on the ground due to the mild winter we're experiencing I decided to have a look for it. Of course there was no sign of it, but there were several finches present including Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch and Linnet. I had my third Kingfisher of the week at the fishing ponds (appropriately!) and a pair of Stonechats performed nearby. A few Skylarks and Meadow Pipits whizzed around. Worst view was of some nutter walking a bleddy dog right up by the Brent Goose flock, getting them panicky so they couldn't feed. So where was the Year tick I hear you say? Well, I was lucky to get my first Mistle Thrush of the year up the back track. It's definitely getting more difficult as the month rolls on........

No comments: