Wednesday 11 February 2009

Wednesday 4th February 2009

Slavonian Grebes

After yesterday's mini-glut of patch yearticks, today was a disappointment. I couldn't seem to connect with much at all! I first went to the seafront, where I saw very little. So I visited the Shelly Beach area and watched a few waders fly past, as it was high tide. There were the usual Oystercatchers, Curlews, Turnstone, Dunlin and Redshank, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, whilst I was scanning along by the gaudy appartment blocks, I found 3 Slavonian Grebes swimming along together close in to where I was standing. These continued to perform right in front me, and I enjoyed watching their diving and resurfacing, sometimes right alongside some of the small boats moored in the channel. I decided to have a quick look at Mudbank Lane before returning to work, but again, this threw up few birds.

No comments: